The air fryer always makes perfect chicken breasts!
Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breasts are filled with a rich and creamy filling of cream cheese and feta and spinach. They’re placed in the air fryer until golden brown and juicy on the inside.
While this dinner looks fancy, it’s actually really easy to prepare and can be made ahead of time.
Easy Air Fryer Chicken
- This is an easy twist on air fryer chicken breasts and can be prepared ahead of time.
- This easy chicken recipe can be prepped, cooked, and on the table in less than 30 minutes!
- Swap out the filling for your own favorite flavors, cheeses, and add-ins (make stuffed chicken with everything from mushrooms to stuffing).
- This stuffed chicken is elegant enough for a dinner party but fast enough for a quick weeknight dinner!
- The air fryer cooks in less time with easy clean-up, making every meal a breeze!
Ingredients & Variations
CHICKEN Boneless, skinless breasts are our favorite choice but you can cook bone-in chicken breasts in the air fryer. Rather than rolling the chicken breasts, I find it easier to cut a slit in the side and fill it (for either bone-in or boneless chicken).
FILLING The cheese filling is really where the flavor is! Cream cheese and feta are a perfect combination along with spinach and diced bell peppers. Diced ham, crumbled bacon bits, fried mushrooms, or sun-dried tomatoes will all add a new dimension to this dish!
SEASONINGS Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and season. I use paprika and garlic powder but you can use chicken Seasoning or Italian Seasoning or another favorite seasoning blend from your cupboard.
VARIATIONS For a new flavor profile, wrap the outside of the filled chicken breasts with slices of raw bacon and secure them with toothpicks before air frying.
How to Make Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Have these creamy and cheesy chicken breasts ready in no time!
- Prepare the filling (per the recipe below).
- Cut a slit in each chicken breast making sure not to cut it all of the way through.
- Stuff the breasts with cream cheese mixture and seal with a toothpick or two.
- Rub the breast with oil and season. Cook in the air fryer.
Best Air Fryer Tips
- Always preheat the air fryer before cooking.
- Be sure to place the chicken pieces with enough space between them for the air to circulate making them crispy all around.
- Let the cream cheese come to room temperature for easier mixing.
- Ensure the chicken doesn’t overcook, it should reach 165°F with a thermometer.
Our Fave Stuffed Chicken
Did you make these Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breasts? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Stuffed with a cream cheese mixture & air-fried until golden, these stuffed chicken breasts are a family favorite!
Mix all filling ingredients in a bowl.
Place chicken on a cutting board and butterfly each chicken breast ¾ of the way through, do not cut all of the way through.
Divide filling over the chicken breasts and secure with a toothpick.
Preheat the air fryer to 360°F.
Rub the outside of the chicken with olive oil and season with paprika, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
Place in a single layer in the air fryer and cook 18-22 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165°F with an instant-read thermometer.
This recipe is for 5-6 oz chicken breasts.If your chicken is larger or smaller cooking time will need to be adjusted. Appliances can vary, check the chicken with a thermometer early.
Do not cut the chicken breasts all of the way through. Seal with a toothpick and ensure you remove all of the toothpicks before serving.
Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Reheat in the air fryer until heated through.
Calories: 274, Carbohydrates: 2g, Protein: 28g, Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 108mg, Sodium: 509mg, Potassium: 511mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 1208IU, Vitamin C: 4mg, Calcium: 108mg, Iron: 1mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Course Chicken, Dinner, Entree, Main Course