Black Friday approaches, and maybe you’re thinking about grabbing a sweet deal on a new phone or a tablet or a bigger TV.
Us, we’re thinking about bacon and eggs.
For an extremely limited time, Denny’s is about to sell an extremely-limited-edition T-shirt that doubles as a yearlong breakfast subscription. The restaurant chain’s “Everyday Value Tee” has a QR code that’s sewn directly into the shirt. You can use this wearable coupon to redeem an Everyday Value Slam meal for free every single day for an entire year.
The shirt is valued at nearly $2,200, according to Denny’s, and will be sold for — wow! — only $5.99.
But here’s the most important thing you need to know: Only 150 of these magical bacon-and-pancakes-delivering T-shirts exist, and the online-only sale launches promptly at midnight on Black Friday, Nov. 25.
So get your mouse-clicking fingers ready, or make sure your phone is fully charged. These shirts are gonna go fast.
Free Eggs, Bacon and Buttermilk Pancakes, Mmmmm
Technically, the sale starts at midnight Eastern Standard Time, or 9 p.m. Pacific time. So depending on what time zone you’re in, you might need to put down the Thanksgiving turkey leg to log on.
The shirts will be for sale on dinerdrip.com, an official Denny’s website that sells all the Denny’s gear you could possibly want.
What, you’ve never visited DinerDrip before? Well, if you happen to be looking for a Denny’s coffee mug or a hoodie or, you know, some yellow-and-red-colored Denny’s-branded socks, that’s definitely the place to go.
The international restaurant chain, which boasts more than 1,600 locations, says the QR code will be valid from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, 2023.
What’s an Everyday Value Slam breakfast, you ask? For the record, it’s two eggs and two bacon strips or sausage links, as well as a choice of two buttermilk pancakes, one slice of French toast, or a biscuit with gravy.
So the Everyday Value Slam pretty much has you covered, breakfast-wise.
Oh, here’s the fine print:
- It’s dine-in only. No online orders, no DoorDash or anything like that.
- One per day. No repeats.
- The shirts are only valid in the U.S., which means the Denny’s locations in Costa Rica, El Salvador, the United Kingdom, New Zealand and Japan are out of bounds. (Sorry.)
- Only one Everyday Value Tee QR code can be redeemed per table. If you and your spouse or partner somehow manage to score matching free-breakfast-for-a-year T-shirts, you’ll have to sit in separate booths.
- No switching out of orders. If you’re craving Moons Over My Hammy, you’ll have to pay for it yourself.
- Your cholesterol level is your own responsibility, citizen.
So on Black Friday, you can have your marked-down Echo Dots and your Instant Pots and your robot vacuum cleaners.
Us, we’re suddenly craving bacon.
Mike Brassfield ([email protected]) is a senior writer at The Penny Hoarder. At Denny’s, he’s partial to The Grand Slamwich® on potato bread.