These Crispy Brussels Sprouts are crunchy little globes of goodness and a great way to enjoy a favorite veggie!
A Favorite Veggie
- Brussels sprouts are bite sized bits, perfect for snacking or as a side dish recipe.
- With very few ingredients, these Brussels have lots flavor. Sometimes simple really is best.
- A sprinkle of Panko bread crumbs adds a toasty crunch.
- Available all year long and budget-friendly, these will make brussel-haters into brussel lovers.
BRUSSELS SPROUTS: Look for Brussels sprouts that are heavy with tight leaves and no blemishes. They should be deep green in color. Try to choose sprouts that are all the same size if possible.
CRISPY CRUMBS: Butter helps the crumbs stick, a little garlic & parm for flavor, and of course some crispy Panko breadcrumbs for crunch.
There are a lot of delicious ways to switch up these crispy sprouts!
- Stir bacon bits into the crispy coating, or use bacon grease instead of butter for a smoky flavor.
- Make parmesan Brussels sprouts keto by switching out the Panko breadcrumbs for crushed pork rinds.
- Try a pan-fried version by tossing shredded Brussels sprouts in the seasoned coating. Fry until golden brown and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Add spices, herbs, and seasonings if you’d like.
How to Make Crispy Brussels Sprouts
This delish recipe is super easy to throw together:
- Trim Brussels sprouts per the recipe below.
- Combine butter, panko, parmesan, and salt & pepper in a bowl. Toss with the Brussels.
- Roast in the oven until tender and crispy.
Not all of the crumbs will stick, sprinkle what’s left in the bowl on top of the sprouts before baking and gently press. Add extra parmesan if you’d like.
Tips for Perfect Sprouts
- Adjust roasting time based on the size of Brussels sprouts if needed.
- Use sprouts of the same size for uniform cooking. If they vary in size, cut larger ones in half and leave smaller ones whole.
- Sprinkle any leftover crumbs in the bowl onto the brussels sprouts before cooking and press gently.
- For extra crispy Brussels sprouts, place them under the broiler for a minute or two before serving.
We’re not sure what to do with leftovers because we’ve never had them. (Just kidding, kind of)! Store leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. Reheat in the oven or air fryer.
Best Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Did your family love these Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Seasoned & breaded Brussels Sprouts are baked until golden & crispy in this delicious side dish or appetizer!
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Combine butter, Panko, parmesan and garlic in a large bowl.
Rinse Brussels sprouts and dry well. Cut in half if they are large.
Toss Brussels sprouts with parmesan mixture and spread onto a large baking sheet.
Roast 10 minutes. Stir the Brussels and roast an additional 10-15 minutes or until crumbs are browned and the Brussels sprouts are tender.
Larger sprouts may need a few minutes extra, smaller sprouts may need a bit less time.
Sprinkle any leftover crumbs in the bowl onto the brussels sprouts before cooking and press gently.
For extra crispy Brussels sprouts, place them under the broiler for a minute or two before serving.
Calories: 179, Carbohydrates: 19g, Protein: 7g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 24mg, Sodium: 194mg, Potassium: 679mg, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 1565IU, Vitamin C: 145mg, Calcium: 114mg, Iron: 3mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword baked, best, brussel sprouts, brussels sprouts, crispy, how to make, recipe, roasted
Course Appetizer, Side Dish