This tangy and refreshing mango salsa is packed with fresh flavor and takes just minutes to prepare.
Made with ripe mangoes, crunchy bell peppers, zesty lime juice, and a hint of spice, this salsa is the perfect blend of sweet and heat.
Fresh, Sweet & Savory
- This homemade salsa is so packed with fresh flavor with a tropical sweet and tangy flavor!
- Mango salsa is versatile and can be used as a topping for grilled chicken or fish, a dip for tortilla chips, or a flavorful addition to tacos or salads.
- It’s quick and easy to make, perfect for summer celebrations or backyard barbecues.
- Refreshing and vibrant flavor, it adds a burst of tropical sweetness to any dish!
- Healthy & full of fresh ingredients! It’s low in calories with no added sugars, so enjoy it guilt-free all summer long.
Mango Salsa Ingredients
Mangoes – Fresh ripe mangoes work best, but frozen mangoes do work well in this recipe, too. If using frozen, thaw and chop.
Peppers – Red bell peppers add crunch and freshness, while jalapenos add a little kick.
Onion – Onion adds a savory element to this salsa. I love red onion in this recipe, but sweet white onion works too.
Lime – Fresh lime juice adds tanginess and brightness to the salsa.
Seasoning – A sprinkle of salt, a dash of cumin, and a drizzle of olive oil add a flavorful touch.
To juice a lime quickly, cut the lime in half and stick a fork in it. Squeeze the lime around the fork to release the juices into a bowl. No special juicer or tools are needed!
How to Make Mango Salsa
- Cut the mango: To cut a mango, start by holding the fruit upright and slicing off the two “cheeks” (top to bottom) on either side of the pit. Make shallow cuts in a crisscross pattern on each cheek without cutting through the peel. Then, simply use a spoon to scoop out the mango cubes or slice off the remaining fruit from around the pit.
- Dice the ingredients: Dice the mangoes and red pepper. Mince the red onion and jalapeño (keep the seeds in for a spicier flavor)!
- Season & enjoy: Season and let all the flavors marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
Tips & Variations
- Add avocados, (just before serving) garlic, pineapple, or tomatoes for an extra burst of flavor.
- Be sure to let the salsa sit for at least 30 minutes for flavors to meld.
- Chop all the ingredients uniformly so they’re easily scoopable!
- Add or substitute equal amounts of fresh pineapple or fresh peaches for a different twist.
- This salsa is best when it’s cold so be sure to store in the refrigerator before serving.
Mango salsa will last about 4 days in the refrigerator. Before serving again, stir and refresh the flavors by adding a little splash of lime juice and salt and pepper.
Can You Freeze Mango Salsa?
Mango salsa can be frozen by putting it in an airtight container or zippered bag that is labeled for up to about 3 months. However, it will not be as firm once it is thawed. Drain the extra liquid and add some new diced mangos or fruit like pineapple or peach for a whole new salsa.
Did your family love this Fresh Mango Salsa? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Fresh Mango Salsa Recipe
This mango salsa features sweet juicy mangoes, tart lime juice, and jalapeno peppers for the perfect combination of sweet and heat.
Hold the mango upright and slice off the two “cheeks” on either side of the pit. Score the flesh in a crisscross pattern without cutting through the peel. Use a spoon to scoop out the mango cubes. Dice them into ¼ inch cubes and place in a medium bowl.
Dice the red pepper, mince the red onion, and seed and mince the jalapeno. Add them to the bowl with the mango.
Squeeze the juice of half a lime over the mixture. Add chopped cilantro, olive oil, cumin, and salt to taste.
Gently toss all the ingredients until well combined and let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Serve with tortilla chips or over grilled chicken or fish.
Make ahead: Refrigerate salsa for a few hours or up to overnight before serving.
Get creative: Try adding diced avocado, cucumber, or a splash of pineapple juice for a unique twist.
Storage: Store salsa in a covered container in the fridge for 4-5 days. Stir before serving again.
Calories: 39 | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 98mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 955IU | Vitamin C: 40.3mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 0.3mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Inspired by Looney Spoons