Garlic Cream Sauce is an easy creamy sauce, great for pasta and for veggies!
Just a handful of ingredients including butter, cream, and of course lots of garlic, this sauce takes just minutes to make.
What is Garlic Cream Sauce?
- Garlic cream sauce is an easy-to-make sauce with a rich creamy texture and a nice garlicky flavor.
- This sauce is creamy like an alfredo sauce, but has more garlic flavor and doesn’t have a strong parmesan cheese flavor.
- This sauce is great on pasta, served with seafood or over cauliflower.
Ingredients & Variations
INGREDIENTS: Garlic, butter, flour, cream, some parsley, are all the simple ingredients needed for this recipe. There are no artificial ingredients in this homemade sauce, unlike store-bought brands. It calls for light cream, but heavy cream can also be used.
VARIATIONS: Add some bacon bits or crumbled cooked bacon to the sauce. Add a splash of white wine, a pinch of cayenne, or a dose of parmesan or swiss cheese.
How to Make Garlic Cream Sauce
A few minutes to make this garlic cream sauce!
- Combine garlic and butter in a pan and cook just until fragrant.
- Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute more.
- Wisk in cream and simmer until thickened (as per recipe below). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This creamy garlic sauce can be used for drizzling over asparagus, potatoes, or air fryer cauliflower. Stir it into macaroni and cheese, leftover mashed potatoes or add it to a favorite zucchini recipe.
Tips for a Great Garlic Sauce
- Use fresh garlic and be sure it doesn’t brown.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Parmesan cheese is a great addition to this recipe.
The white sauce will last in the refrigerator for 5 days. It will need to be reheated gently. This sauce can also be frozen in freezer bags or small containers for up to 6 months. Freeze in usable portions.
More Quick Pasta Sauces
Garlic Cream Sauce
Garlic cream sauce is a quick and simple cream sauce. It’s perfect over pasta or seafood.
Combine butter and garlic in a small skillet and cook over medium low heat until the butter is melted and you can begin to smell the garlic.
Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute more. Stir in cream a bit at a time whisking after each addition. Simmer 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Season generously with salt & pepper to taste.
Serve with pasta or as a dipping sauce for chicken, shrimp or steak.
1/3 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese can be added. Whisk in once the sauce is thickened.
This sauce can be served with pasta or over seafood or steamed vegetables.
Calories: 206, Carbohydrates: 3g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 22g, Saturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 63mg, Sodium: 143mg, Potassium: 44mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 760IU, Vitamin C: 2mg, Calcium: 25mg, Iron: 1mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword cream sauce