This homemade pumpkin bread recipe is the perfect way to usher in all things fall!
Light and moist with the perfect amount of pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin bread smells as delicious as it tastes!
A Favorite Fall Quick Bread
- Pumpkin bread is perfect to enjoy with that morning cup of coffee, as a post-workout snack, or as a quick and easy dessert treat!
- Quick bread recipes are popular because they hold up so well. This pumpkin loaf will freeze beautifully! Make an extra loaf (or mini muffins) for the freezer and enjoy it later!
- Bake pumpkin bread in muffin cups and pop one or two into lunchboxes, backpacks, or briefcases for a mid-morning surprise!
Ingredients for Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin – I use canned pumpkin (also called pumpkin puree) in this recipe. We find homemade puree doesn’t work as well in this recipe as it holds too much moisture.
Spice – Pumpkin pie spice is the perfect mixture of warm spices. It can easily be made at home with cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice.
Dry Mix – I use all purpose flour in this recipe with a bit of baking powder and soda.
Wet Ingredients – Ensure the wet ingredients are at room temperature. Use large eggs and whole milk.
Try adding cranberries, or substitute pecans for walnuts or chopped hazelnuts.
Other dried fruit, and/or chocolate chips. It’s hard to go wrong with add-ins on this one!
How to Make Pumpkin Bread
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk wet ingredients & sugar in a separate bowl. Add to dry ingredients just until moist.
- Stir in optional nuts or chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake (per recipe below) until a wooden pick comes out clean. Cool completely & serve.
Tips for Perfect Pumpkin Bread
- For best results, avoid overmixing the batter.
- Don’t worry if the pumpkin bread develops a crack on the top, this is normal for all quick bread. It’s simply the dough expanding.
- Keep pumpkin bread covered at room temperature for up to 3 days. Freeze the entire loaf or slices in zippered bags for up to 1 month.
Fave Quick Breads
Did your family love this homemade Pumpkin Bread? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Moist & crumbly with pumpkin flavor in every bite, this homemade quickbread is a must-make for Fall!
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9″x5″ pan or line with parchment paper.
Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Whisk well to combine.
Combine pumpkin puree, sugar, milk, eggs and oil in a separate bowl. Add to dry mixture and stir just until moist. Fold in nuts if using.
Bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool 5 minutes in the pan. Remove and cool completely on a rack.
Freeze the entire loaf or slices by wrapping in plastic wrap and then in zippered bags for up to 1 month.
Calories: 265 | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 160mg | Potassium: 194mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 3241IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.