Chili Sauce is sweet and zesty (not spicy), like an extra zesty version of ketchup!
What is Chili Sauce?
- Chili sauce is basically a zesty version of ketchup and can be purchased online or in grocery stores.
- This sauce is not spicy but full of zesty and tangy flavor with a hint of sweetness.
- Tomato sauce, brown sugar, and cider vinegar give chili sauce its flavor. Onion flakes, chili powder, and garlic powder round out the flavors.
- Heinz makes the most popular store-bought brand, but it’s so easy to make at home. This recipe can be adjusted to be as mild or spicy for any use.
How to Use Chili Sauce
How to Make Chili Sauce
Chill back and enjoy how easy it is to make this sauce!
- Add all the ingredients to a saucepan.
- Simmer until thickened. (As per recipe below)
- Remove from heat and season with salt.
How to Store
Store in a mason jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Shake the jar before using.
Best Homemade Condiments
Zesty Homemade Chili Sauce
This sweet and hot chili sauce is the perfect easy-to-make homemade condiment!
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
Taste and season with additional salt if needed.
Cool and refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
Calories: 15, Carbohydrates: 4g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 204mg, Potassium: 94mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 141IU, Vitamin C: 2mg, Calcium: 6mg, Iron: 1mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Course Dip, Dressing, Sauce