Looking for a delicious salad packed with summer flavor? This Corn Salad recipe is just what you need!
Juicy corn kernels, crisp cucumbers, tangy cherry tomatoes, and a very simple dressing, this salad is a perfect blend of summer goodness.
Whether you’re hosting a barbecue, planning a picnic, or simply craving a refreshing side dish, this corn salad is a must-try!
A Summer Favorite
Corn Salad is such a great summer salad and the perfect way to enjoy summer veggies from the garden or the farmer’s market.
- It’s packed with fresh summer flavor and tastes incredibly fresh.
- Simple and easy: With just a few fresh ingredients, this salad is easy to make for quick summer side.
- It’s incredibly versatile and needs just a handful of ingredients. Add in fresh vegetables form your garden.
How to Make Corn Salad
CORN: This Corn Salad recipe starts with a base fresh sweet corn but frozen corn will work just fine in this recipe. If you have time grill the corn first and then cut it off the cob.
DRESSING: Skip the mayonnaise, this dressing is light and fresh. Add a generous sprinkle f coarse salt and some fresh pepper.
VEGGIES: We love to add tomatoes, English cucumber red onion, but try radishes or chopped green or red bell peppers if you’d like!
- Measurements of the vegetables in this summer corn salad don’t have to be exact, if you have extra tomatoes add extra; a little short on cucumbers, this will turn out delicious!
- Use thawed frozen corn in place of fresh corn if it’s all you have.
- Add a kick of heat by tossing in some diced jalapeños or a sprinkle of chili flakes.
- Replace the cider vinegar with lemon or lime juice if desired.
- Try adding a sprinkle of feta or blue cheese.
Fresh Corn Salad
Sweet summer corn, crisp cucumbers, and ripe juicy garden tomatoes are all combined in a light and easy vinaigrette!
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the corn. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the kernels turn bright yellow (alternately, the corn can be grilled).
Drain the corn and cool completely. Use a sharp knife to remove the kernels from the corn cob.
In a large bowl, combine the corn kernels, cherry tomatoes, diced cucumbers, and red onion.
Drizzle the olive oil and apple cider vinegar over the salad.
Season generously with salt & pepper to taste and toss well to combine.
Just before serving, sprinkle with fresh herbs toss to combine.
Preheat grill to medium high heat. Remove silk and husk from corn. Brush with olive oil and generously season. Grill 2-3 minutes per side or until slightly charred. Cool before using.
Calories: 103 | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 117mg | Potassium: 155mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Vitamin C: 6.8mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.6mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.