Garlic Parmesan Wings – Spend With Pennies
These wings are a perfect appetizer for any occasion from game day to Friday night!
Chicken Parmesan Wings are oven-baked or air-fried and then coated in a buttery garlic parmesan sauce. They’re crispy cheesy garlicky good!
Cheesy Garlic Chicken Wings
- These garlic parmesan chicken wings are oven baked or air fried until crispy and golden and then tossed in an easy garlic parmesan sauce.
- Skip the deep fryer; less grease, less mess, and more yum!
- They can be prepped ahead of time and cooked just before serving.
- Naturally low-carb, chicken wings are an easy appetizer.
Ingredients & Variations
CHICKEN WINGS Buy split wings to make this recipe fast. Split wings means that the wings are cut into drumsticks and the flat part with the wingtips discarded (like the photo above).
GARLIC PARMESAN SAUCE These wings aren’t complete without tossing them in a homemade garlic butter sauce with lots of parmesan cheese.
- Use either salted or unsalted butter, either option will work just fine.
- For the best flavor, use freshly grated parmesan cheese. A mini food processor makes this easy.
- I recommend garlic powder over fresh garlic. Fresh garlic has a strong flavor and can be overpowering.
- Feel free to get creative and add your favorite herbs and seasonings, such as paprika or onion powder, to the sauce.
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Prep wings (per recipe below). Place on a rimmed baking sheet or an air fryer basket.
- Mix the parmesan garlic sauce in a small bowl & toss half of it with the wings.
- Bake/air fry until golden & crisp. Toss with remaining sauce & serve.
Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce
- Melt the butter & finely grate the cheese.
- Mix all the ingredients in the bottom of a large bowl.
Toss with the chicken wings and serve! Or crank the oven up to 475°F and bake the coated wings a few minutes more if desired.
Tips for Crispy Wings
- Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel before tossing in the flour mixture. Removing the moisture helps to keep them crisp!
- Adding baking powder to the wings before baking in the oven changes the pH of the chicken skin making it crispy and crunchy. We add just a pinch, don’t be tempted to add extra as too much can have an unpleasant flavor.
- Air frying makes the wings crispy and they do not require baking powder, you can skip this step if using an air fryer.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheat leftover wings in the air fryer at 360°F for 3-4 minutes or in the oven at 375°F for 7-9 minutes.
More Chicken Wing Recipes
Chicken wings are always a hit for any party, potluck, or game day! Here are some of our favorite variations.
Don’t forget the dipping sauce, we love blue cheese dip or ranch dressing!
Garlic Parmesan Wings
Garlic parmesan wings are oven-baked until crispy, & loaded with garlicky cheesy flavor!
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Pat the wings dry with a paper towel.
Toss the wings with flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper.
Line a pan with foil and place parchment paper on it. Arrange wings in a single layer on the pan.
Bake the wings for 20 minutes, flip, and then bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until crispy and browned.
In a medium bowl, combine butter, parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic powder, pepper, salt, and hot sauce. Toss half of the sauce with the cooked wings.
Increase the oven temperature to 475°F and bake the wings for 8-10 more minutes, or until golden and crisp. (Broil if desired.)
Remove the wings from the oven and toss with the remaining sauce.
Garnish with extra parmesan and parsley.
Once cooked, these wings can be:
- tossed in the sauce and served immediately
- OR they can be tossed in the sauce and baked a little bit more to brown the parmesan cheese
I like to toss them in half of the sauce and bake to get a nice crispy cheese coating and then toss them with the remaining sauce for serving.
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings: To cook in the air fryer, toss wings with salt and pepper (skip the flour/baking powder). Air fry in a single layer at 400°F for 20-22 minutes or until browned and crisp. Toss with half of the sauce and air fry for an additional 2-4 minutes. Toss with remaining sauce and serve.
Serving: 3wings | Calories: 204 | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 311mg | Potassium: 171mg | Vitamin A: 310IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 0.8mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.