Hot Dog Chili is the perfect way to make top dogs!
In just 15 minutes, whip up a flavorful beanless chili with ground beef, tomato sauce, and a medley of seasonings that will make the perfect topping.
Savory and satisfying, you’ll be coming back for seconds.
Ingredients for Hot Dog Chili
- Ground beef: Choose lean ground beef or substitute ground turkey or ground pork.
- Onion: Adds a touch of sweetness and texture to the chili.
- Tomato sauce & beef broth: Provides a rich tomato base for the chili.
- Mustard and Worcestershire sauce: Adds tanginess and savory flavors to the chili.
- Seasonings: A blend of spices that gives the chili a warm, savory, and slightly spicy kick.
- Brown sugar: Balances the flavors and adds a touch of sweetness.
To Make Hot Dog Chili
This homemade Hot Dog Chili Sauce is so delicious and so easy to make.
- Cook ground beef and onions (per the recipe below).
- Mix all ingredients together and simmer until it reaches desired thickness.
Spoon over hot dogs and serve with a side of french fries for a ‘ballpark’ meal everyone will love!
Other Delicious Chili Dog Toppings
Hot dogs are an ideal on-the-go option, ready to be customized with an array of toppings. Explore this list of my favorite combinations to enhance your hot dog experience!
- Veggies: diced or fried onions, sundried tomatoes, jalapenos, or pepperoncini.
- Cheese: shredded cheddar cheese, mozzarella, or spicy habanero!
- Sauces: pickle relish, sour cream, salsa, or hot sauce.
- Other: black olives, black beans, or bacon bits.
The difference between ground beef chili recipe and this hot dog chili recipe is the sweetness and this one skips the beans making it perfect for topping hotdogs or even burgers. You can use it a replacement for ketchup.
Absolutely! Hot dog chili is not just limited to hot dogs; get creative and try it on juicy burgers, sizzling brats, or even as a zesty sauce for omelets and grilled cheese sandwiches. The possibilities are endless!
Yes, planning ahead is a great idea. Prepare a batch of hot dog chili in advance, let it cool, and store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Yes, you can freeze hot dog chili. To freeze, simply transfer the chili to airtight containers or freezer bags, keep in the freezer for up to four months. When you’re ready to enjoy it, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and reheat as desired.
Did you make this Hot Dog Chili Sauce? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Quick Hot Dog Chili
Hot Dog Chili is a simple and versatile recipe that combines ground beef, tomato sauce, and various seasonings.
In a 12″ skillet, brown ground beef and onions over medium-high heat until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
Stir in tomato sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, brown sugar, and beef stock or broth.
Simmer the chili for 15 minutes or until the stock has cooked down and the chili sauce reaches the desired consistency. Season with salt to taste.
Spoon the hot dog chili over cooked hot dogs and add toppings as desired.
- Leftover Hot Dog Chili can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- You can adjust the spice level by adding more or less red pepper flakes to suit your taste preferences.
- For a thicker chili, simmer it for a bit longer until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Feel free to customize your hot dogs by adding your favorite toppings, such as shredded cheese, diced onions, or pickles.
- This hot dog chili also pairs well with other dishes like burgers or fries.
- Leftover chili can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Simply reheat before serving.
Calories: 229 | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 765mg | Potassium: 768mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 985IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 3mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.