Roasted red peppers make a great side or a colorful addition to any antipasto platter, summer salad, or sandwich recipe.
Oven-roasted peppers are so incredibly easy to make! No need to buy them in a jar when it’s so easy to make them fresh from the kitchen.
Why We Love Roasted Red Peppers
- Roasting the peppers gives them a mildly charred, smoky flavor with a tinge of sweetness!
- They’re perfect to add to dips, soups, stews, pasta, and stir-fries.
- 5 simple ingredients are all it takes to make these roasted red peppers!
BELL PEPPERS: We used red in this recipe, but feel free to use any color of bell pepper. Orange, yellow, even green would all taste great. Or use a variety of peppers for a bright & colorful dish!
SEASONINGS: The bell peppers are tossed in olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, & pepper. So simple, yet so flavorful!
How to Slice Red Peppers
- Place a bell pepper on a cutting board & slice off the top, close to the stem.
- Cut the bell pepper in half & remove the pith (the pale, white inner flesh) & seeds.
- Slice the bell pepper into strips or 1” pieces.
How to Roast Red Peppers
It’s so easy to roast peppers, no need to buy them in cans or jars!
- Toss prepared bell peppers with olive oil, garlic, & Italian seasoning (per the recipe below).
- Roast seasoned peppers on a baking sheet until they are lightly charred & tender.
- Serve warm or chill & use in recipes.
Store roasted red bell peppers in a covered container or jar with a tight-fitting lid for up to a week in the refrigerator. Freeze roasted bell peppers in zippered bags with the date labeled on the outside for up to 8 weeks.
Best Bell Pepper Dishes
What are your fave seasonings for bell peppers? Leave a comment below!
Roasted Red Peppers
These Roasted Red Peppers are easy & make and full of flavor. They’re so much better than the store-bought version!
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Wash peppers and chop into 1″ pieces. Toss with oil, garlic and seasonings.
Spread peppers onto a greased baking pan and roast 18-20 minutes or until lightly charred and tender.
Serve warm or add to salads, soups or pasta.
Calories: 73, Carbohydrates: 8g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Sodium: 5mg, Potassium: 272mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 3860IU, Vitamin C: 158mg, Calcium: 19mg, Iron: 1mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword best Roasted Red Peppers recipe, how to make Roasted Red Peppers, Roasted Red Peppers, Roasted Red Peppers recipe
Course Appetizer, Side Dish
Cuisine American, Italian