Oven baked chicken breast is simple, delicious, and really easy to prepare!
This juicy baked chicken breast recipe has simple seasonings and comes out tender and juicy every time!
Juicy Baked Chicken Breast
- This chicken recipe is a go-to that you’ll make on repeat.
- Baked chicken breast is versatile, great for meal prep and perfect for adding to casseroles or other meals.
- This recipe is a healthy option and high in protein.
Ingredients for Baked Chicken Breast
Chicken breast – This recipe is for boneless skinless chicken breasts, approximately 6 oz each. They’re very lean, I do add a bit of olive oil for a better browning on the outside and to help the seasonings stick.
Seasonings – I prefer saving a chicken marinade for the grill and using simple seasonings for baked chicken breasts.
The mix below is easy and versatile but change the flavor up and add in onion powder, chili powder, garlic powder, or even a bit of brown sugar if you’d like. You can also try taco seasoning, cajun seasoning or your favorite spice blend.
How to Make Baked Chicken Breast
Making juicy chicken breast is very easy, the key is in the cooking time and temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix chicken breasts with olive oil, herbs, & spices (per the recipe below).
- Grease a baking dish or pan lightly to prevent the chicken breasts from sticking.
- Place chicken breasts in the oven & bake for around 22-26 minutes.
How Long To Bake Chicken Breast
The key to a perfect baked chicken breast is in temperature and timing. Chicken breasts are naturally lean, so if you overcook them, they will be dry. Cooking chicken at a higher temperature seals the juices.
- To Bake Chicken Breast at 400°F: This will take between 22 and 26 minutes depending on the size of the chicken breasts.
- You can cook chicken breasts at 350°F for closer to 25-30 minutes (although I prefer the higher heat above).
Did you make these Oven Baked Chicken Breasts? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Oven Baked Chicken Breast
Baked chicken breasts are a simple and healthy dinner option that’s packed full of protein!
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a rimmed baking pan.
In a medium bowl, combine chicken breasts, olive oil, Italian seasoning, seasoned salt, paprika, and black pepper. Mix well to coat.
Bake for 22 to 26 minutes or until the chicken breasts reach and internal temperature of 165°F.
Rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Chicken breasts can vary in size from 5 oz to 10 oz. The cooking time listed is for average-sized boneless breasts, 5oz to 7oz each.
If the chicken breasts are very thick on one end, pound with a meat mallet to a more even thickness.
Store chicken in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the oven, on the stovetop in a pan, or in the microwave. Or, chicken breast can be added to soups, salads, or casseroles!
Calories: 236 | Protein: 40g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 412mg | Potassium: 696mg | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 2.2mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.8mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.