It’s the holiday season, and what better gift is there than a new gadget? From smartwatches to TV streaming devices, advancing technology has found new ways to entertain us and make life easier. After all, why vacuum the floor when a robot can do it for you?
We’ve scoured the web and tested a bunch of devices throughout the year. Here are some of our favorite tech gifts you can grab for anyone on your wish list. We’ve assembled gadgets for gift givers on a budget and more expensive options so you can splurge on that special someone.
Best Tech Gifts Under $50
The idea of buying tech gifts may seem expensive initially, but remember that as technology has evolved, it has become more accessible. Here are some of our favorite budget gift ideas when you don’t want to spend more than $50.
- Have a friend or family member who keeps losing their keys, wallet or bag? If they are an Apple fan, pick them up an Apple AirTag to track their belongings.
- Smart home devices, like the Echo Dot (3rd Gen) smart speaker, make it easy to set a timer, get weather updates and much more using the power of voice commands.
- If you know an Apple user whose nightstand is overflowing with cables and smart devices, you might consider the Anker foldable 3-in-1 wireless charging station.
- Upgrade your friends and family to a 4K compatible streaming option with the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K — bam, it’s like being at the movies.
- A perfect gift is peace of mind. Pick up the Blink video doorbell so your friends and family can keep an eye on their property and look out for porch pirates.
Best Tech Gifts Under $100
Step up to the plate and show you care with one of these excellent tech gifts under $100. Delivering a tech gift that your loved one can’t wait to open doesn’t have to cost hundreds of dollars with one of these great gift options.
- Help your friend or family member track their fitness and receive helpful smartphone notifications on their wrist throughout the day with the Amazfit Bip 3 Pro smartwatch.
- Many people work at computers all day, so why not spice up their keyboarding experience with the Logitech POP keyboard? It’s cute and fun to type on.
- Need to grab someone a tablet for the holidays but don’t want to bust your budget? Try the Amazon Fire HD 8, which is ideal for consuming media or playing games.
- Give the gift of vinyl to the music lover in your life with the Crosley T400D turntable. It’s even fitted with a proper Audio-Technica stylus for great sound quality.
- Do your friends love to take photos on their smartphones? Consider gifting the Kodak Step mobile printer so they can print their favorite pictures on the go.
Best Tech Gifts Under $250
You’ve been putting money aside for the holiday season and want to pick out an incredible tech gift for that special person on your list. Here are some of our favorite gifts that start to move into the three-figure price range.
- Upgrade your family or friend’s technology power and fashion sense simultaneously with the Apple Watch SE, the most affordable Apple Watch.
- If you know someone who loves a good book, consider giving them a Kindle Paperwhite e-reader. Let them get lost in their imagination with this gift.
- Music is the universal language, so show them you care with a powerful Bluetooth speaker with solid sound quality. The JBL Charge 5 portable speaker can even charge a smartphone thanks to its USB port and hours of battery life.
- Robot vacuum cleaners don’t need to cost a fortune. The RoboVac 15C Max is one of our favorite budget options and helps make the house look spiffy.
- Great for kids and adults alike, the Nintendo Switch Lite is a perfect gaming companion on the go, especially during long car rides and plane trips.
Best Tech Gifts Under $500
So, you’re pulling out all the stops for the holidays? We’ve covered you, from the season’s best gaming consoles to top-end tablets and headphones. Here are the best gifts when you don’t mind spending some cash.
- Help your family member or friend step into the wild world of virtual reality gaming with Meta Quest 2. It includes the game Beat Saber at no cost for a limited time.
- The hottest gaming console of the season is the Sony PlayStation 5. Check out our guide on how to find a PS5 before trying to snag one this holiday.
- Let others listen to their favorite music and step back into a blissful world of quiet with Sony’s top-tier noise-canceling headphones, the WH-1000XM5.
- If you want to pick up an iPad for your loved one or friend, the standard Apple iPad delivers a remarkable tablet experience and comes in several colors.
- If a PC gamer is in your life, they are likely clamoring to get their hands on the Steam Deck. It enables them to take their favorite games on the go.
Michael Archambault is a senior writer at The Penny Hoarder specializing in technology.