Fitness in the broadest sense of the word is constant support of the body in good physical shape. This term also means a healing system that allows you to change the physical parameters of the body for the better, correct the body and normalize weight.
Fitness for beginners includes a set of recommendations, rules and tips, adhering to which, beginners will be able to avoid common mistakes and engage in improving their shape without harming their health.
General information about fitness
Beginners in fitness (the word comes from the English fitness) should know that not only systematic exercise in the gymnasium or gym is important, but also proper nutrition (fitness diet). In most cases, people practice fitness for weight loss and body shaping: this goal implies revising the daily regimen and changing the menu (excluding some foods and foods from the diet, but including others that are more beneficial to health).
By purchasing a subscription to a fitness club or starting homework, you can not only improve your figure or lose weight: this system helps to cure many diseases and systemic disorders. With the help of fitness you can:
- Significantly improve the condition of the heart and blood vessels;
- Get rid of joint pain;
- Heal sciatica, spondylosis, osteochondrosis, scoliosis and other vertebral pathologies;
- Improve metabolic processes;
- Stimulate the overall health of the body.
It is a great alternative to medication for certain mental disorders, such as depression. During exercise, serotonin (a substance belonging to the class of neurotransmitters) is produced. This compound gives the brain a sense of satisfaction and joy in life: it is this compound that is found in many antidepressants.
Health and fitness are words with the same meaning: Regular exercise prevents premature programmed cell death (apoptosis), a phenomenon that can be considered a major cause of aging. Fitness, thus, prolongs youth, and postpones old age indefinitely.
Types of fitness
There are different types of fitness designed for different categories of people and fulfilling specific health and sports tasks. There is women’s, men’s fitness, sparing systems and strength fitness. There are also the following areas:
- Aerobics (dance aerobics, slide aerobics, kick aerobics, water aerobics) is one of the most popular types of fitness. The exercises are performed to music and contribute not only to the correction of the appearance, but also to the development of a sense of rhythm and harmony. Aerobics has a beneficial effect on the respiratory system.
- Pilates – a system of exercises that does not imply an excessive load on the body, but is based on slow, smooth and calm movements. The advantages of Pilates are low invasiveness and almost complete absence of contraindications. Pilates increases flexibility, joint mobility and strengthens muscles without building them up.
- Bodyflex – a system based on correct breathing during exercise. This type of fitness is good for burning excess fat and normalizing metabolic processes.
- Fitball – exercises with a special ball. Suitable for people who want to correct posture, develop coordination of movements, strengthen the muscle tissues of the back and buttocks.
- Taibo Is a relatively new system that borrows its style from Asian martial arts and boxing. Exercises are performed with cheerful, energetic music. This type of fitness requires special endurance and strength: in terms of energy consumption, an hour of training can be equated to a 10 km race.
How to start classes correctly
Beginners should by no means consider fitness as a grueling hard labor to which they condemn themselves in the name of an ideal figure. You should also not treat exercise as a way to achieve high sports results. The main thing in the class is a positive attitude. Successful practice largely depends on choosing the right program – it must match your strengths.
Most modern health clubs offer their clients a fitness testing – a procedure that takes place under the guidance of a sports doctor. The client should be sure to tell the doctor about the state of his health, past and chronic diseases, ever received injuries and injuries.
The specialist will select the most suitable program for you, tell you which classes are categorically contraindicated for you, and which ones will, on the contrary, contribute to quick recovery. The doctor also measures physical parameters (height, weight, waist, chest, hips), records blood pressure and pulse. Some clubs offer to conduct a more in-depth medical examination – to take a cardiogram at rest and under stress conditions (do a stress test). This test allows you to determine the level of permissible physical activity.
To choose the right start program, you should be guided by the principle of “do no harm” and choose a type of fitness and a set of exercises in accordance with your physical capabilities. If you have a personal fitness trainer, your workouts will be more productive, and the likelihood of excessive stress and mistakes in training will be minimized. Therefore, before purchasing a subscription to a particular club, read the information and reviews about it, paying attention to the professionalism of the staff.
Practical advice for beginners
The recommendations of trainers and specialists can be summarized in the form of the following points:
- Fitness is not a hobby, but regular, full-fledged exercises. Skipping workouts because of a bad mood or elementary laziness means slowing down your own progress: try to be serious about classes.
- Do not be afraid to make mistakes – as you know, people learn from them.
- Plan your time in advance – wellness training takes about 3-4 hours a week.
- During exercise, do not show excessive zeal – overtraining will not allow the body to fully recover in between days of fitness, and the productivity of training will decrease.
- Exercising without a diet is wasted time. Observe also the drinking regimen – the body must necessarily restore fluid consumption.
- Reward yourself for each step you pass in the training process.
- Maintain constant contact with your coach, keep a diary where you will write down useful advice from your mentor.
Exercises for beginners
You need to start small: for basic training, experts advise you to choose three types of exercises:
- Workouts for the heart and blood vessels (aerobic workouts) – walking, running on the spot;
- Strength exercises to develop specific muscle groups (if you are using equipment, start with a low weight);
- Flexibility classes – choose slow, static exercises and do not overdo it: it is very easy to damage the ligaments.
Before exercising, it is imperative to warm up to warm up the body and improve the blood supply to the muscles: this will reduce the risk of injury.
Fitness at home
Any workout can be done at home – you just need a competent, planned approach. Do squats, lunges, and other exercises that use your own weight. Experts advise purchasing the minimum set of equipment: a fitness mat, treadmill, dumbbells and a special ball (fitball). The only problem with home training is the lack of a mentor.
Moderate physical activity is rarely completely contraindicated in any disease, but nevertheless, you should begin to start classes only after consulting a doctor. Fitness is not recommended or recommended in a dosed and gentle form for:
- High fever and infectious diseases;
- The presence of endoprostheses;
- Serious mental illness;
- Diabetes mellitus;
- Malignant neoplasms.
During pregnancy, you can only do special types of fitness.