All beginners who have decided to switch to a healthy lifestyle are interested in how to run correctly. The undoubted benefit of running is that it provides us with the opportunity to end physical inactivity and put our body in order.
Before you start training, you need to arm yourself with basic ideas about running technique, reasonable dosage of physical activity, time and place of jogging, pre-run training method. Otherwise, instead of the intended benefit, an unprepared person can harm their health.
How to start running correctly:
- For beginners who have just started their studies, you should not start with running, but with leisurely walks along a pre-compiled route… These walks should not be long: a quarter of an hour will be quite enough to raise muscle tone and cardiovascular system. You can start running only after a few such walking workouts, not forgetting the need to alternate it with dynamic walking.
- The duration and intensity of jogging can be increased only a couple of months after the start of classes… This should be done gradually: starting with 15 minutes, you can bring the duration of the run to 45-50 minutes. Simultaneously with the duration, you should increase the length of the distance, as well as the pace of the workout. The most optimal training frequency is at least three times a week.
- The topography of the terrain in which running training takes place is very important. Novice athletes should be aware that the runner’s route should include both ups and downs, and flat areas so that the load on all muscle groups is uniform. The fact is that descents force the muscles and ligaments of the knees and legs to strain, and ascents require increased work of the muscles of the ankles and feet. When composing a running route, you must not forget about this.
- Running on asphalt paths can harm the feet, spine and knee diarthrosis of inexperienced athletes, therefore, it is best to run along unpaved paths and paths. The best place for jogging is in the forested area.
- If in your neighborhood there is no such zone and you have to run on the asphalt, you will come to the rescue high-quality sports shoes with enhanced shock absorption characteristics… Good running shoes aren’t cheap, but you can’t save on the health of your feet.
- Basically, it doesn’t matter what time it is better to run:
health jogging is possible at any time of the day, if it does not cause inconvenience and brings pleasure.
Is it good to run in the morning?
Those interested in how to run properly in the morning should take into account that you cannot run on an empty stomach. Therefore, you need to get out of bed so that the interval between jogging and breakfast is at least 30 minutes.
Immediately after waking up, you need to drink 200 ml of warm water and the same amount of liquid during breakfast: this will reduce the viscosity of the blood, which is maximum in the morning hours. Due to the flow of fluid, the blood will circulate better throughout the body, which will immediately affect the improvement of cardiovascular activity, as a result of which the morning run will be more successful.
Any run, especially in the morning, must be started with a pre-run warm-up., which should last at least a quarter of an hour. A properly performed warm-up will make the muscles elastic and prepare them for the upcoming physical activity, therefore, the warm-up complex should include exercises with turns and bends of the body, lunges and squats. After each exercise, you need to take a few vigorous steps.
After returning from training, you need to drink a glass of still mineral water or natural fruit juice, and then take a shower (you can start with a warm one, and end with a contrasting one), which will increase the efficiency of your run.
In favor of morning workouts is the fact that lovers of early jogging can do without the invigorating effect of coffee, since running has an excellent stimulating effect on the central nervous system.
On the expediency of an evening run
Few know how to run properly in the evenings. Chronobiologists claim that the health benefits of jogging will be much higher if they are carried out between sixteen and twenty in the evening. They attribute this to the fact that, according to the daily rhythms of the human body, the body temperature during this period is optimal for physical activity. In addition, the condition of the muscles during this period minimizes the possibility of any injury.
Evening workouts will be useful for those who need to relieve the nervous tension that has arisen during the day, as well as those who want their sleep to be sound and healthy.
Basic recommendations for evening jogging:
- Evening runs should be short-term (no more than 30 minutes) and not too intense. The best way to run is to jog at a speed of 6-8 km / h.
- Do not eat before jogging. People running after the end of the working day can drink a glass of kefir or eat some kind of fruit.
- You can have a full dinner no earlier than an hour after your run.
- You can schedule your workout 40 minutes after dinner ends.
Losing weight by running
If you want to get a slim figure, then the following information is just about how to run correctly in order to lose weight:
- Interval loads are most effective for weight loss., in which the athlete alternates leisurely jogging with the fastest races, as well as running and walking. It is this training tactic that allows you to burn fat.
- The duration of jogging for weight loss should be at least forty minutes (only in this case the fatty layer will start to burn).
- When is it better to run for those who dream of losing weight? Weight loss workouts are best done in the evenings, since it is at this time that the human body is most prone to burning fat reserves.
- The stomach should be empty (food should be taken a couple of hours before jogging).
- After training, you need to do breathing exercises.
- Before starting a weight loss workout, you need to consult a doctor. If there are contraindications, it is better to refuse such loads.
A little about the benefits of running
Key facts about what running is good for:
- Jogging is a great workout for all muscle groups, which in turn is a guarantee of healthy joints.
- During running, the human body is freed from substances harmful to it, which are released along with sweat.
- Running loads perfectly train the organs of the cardiovascular system, which leads to an improvement in blood circulation and blood supply to the internal organs.
- Running is a great antidepressant, contributing to the production of endorphins (“hormone of happiness”).
- Jogging, any time of the year, hardens the body and increases its resistance to colds as the immune system is exercised at the same time.
- Regular training contributes to the formation of valuable personal qualities: willpower and discipline.