Emphasizing the Usefulness of Exercise Ball
If you are a fitness freak or follow the world of fitness to an extent, you surely would have heard about an exercise ball.
People have given the exercising tool different names such as stability ball, the physioball, or even the Swiss ball. It is mostly made up of soft elastic material and is filled with air. It is considered a breakthrough in terms of physical therapy since its creation back in the late 1960s.
Benefits of Exercise Ball
Now we know what exactly the exercise ball is, it’s time to look at some of the benefits of using it:
1) Improvement in your posture
One of the most common uses of the fitness ball is to regain the natural shape of your spine. Posture has everything to do with muscle balance. Your muscle core must be strong as it is vital to helping you maintain a healthy posture. You can look up numerous simple workouts for exercise ball specifically related to posture improvement.
2) Looking after your Spine Health
One of the main purposes of the stability ball since its creation was to help get rid of spine and back problems. Over the years, back pain has been a major problem to tackle for physical therapists around the world. It is important to note that out of all routine based exercises, doctors mostly recommend using the exercise ball. As per the feedback of many users, it has been a great help in terms of back pain relief.
3) Establishing balance in muscle
Many people are unaware of how bad muscle imbalance can turn out to be for our physical health. Our body needs a cooperative system in terms of muscle movement to ensure maximum balance when moving. You need to make sure that you don’t overexert a single part of your body while doing any physical activity. Getting an exercise ball and then partaking in proper exercise ball workouts is a good measure to avoid muscle imbalance.
4) Developing Overall Core Strength
There are three core muscle areas in your body. These include inner abdominal muscles, back, and lower back muscles. You should understand that these sets of inner muscle areas are responsible for maintaining strength and stability throughout our body structure. They are hard to reach that indicates only a few physical exercises are beneficial for developing them. Exercise ball workouts are one of the physical routines that you can follow for developing your body’s core strength.
Exercise Ball Workout Routines
Here are some of the most useful exercises you can take part in with a Swiss ball:
- Ball Push-Ups: You could try putting your hands on the ball to add pressure on your upper body. After that, you can switch positions, keeping your toes on the ball and hands-on ground. This will add the required intensity to your lower body.
- Wall bends: Position your exercise ball between you and the wall. Bend down to approximately 90 degrees as per the ball’s position and repeat until you complete a single round of about 10 bends.
- Ball Balance: This is specifically to enhance your core’s strength. It is recommended that you balance your core just above the center of the ball. Start adding weight to the current position until it gets hard to balance the ball and body at the same time.
- Ball Crunches and Ball Bridges.
Finding the Ideal Fitness Ball
If you are not in favor of going to the gym to use the stability ball, you won’t have to worry at all. You can get your exercise ball if you know the basics.
Here are some of the factors involved in choosing the ideal Swiss Ball:
- Size: The stability ball is available in about 4 to 5 different sizes. You have to choose the ball on which you can easily bend down to an angle of 90 degrees.
- Weight Resistance: A maximum weight resistance ball is all that you need when starting with your first workout routine. It is recommended that you go for the one that also consists of anti-burst technology.
An exercise ball makes up a great alternative in terms of physical exercise routines. It is cheap and highly practical in terms of developing your physical strength.