Tiktok is a social media video creation app where you can do live streams, create videos, and connect with other users from across the world. One of the most exciting features of the TikTok application is that you can create a video that features you and other users. This article will show you how to duet on Tiktok.
Note that all the instructions in this piece apply to both Android and Ios users. For sure, you must have an active account on TikTok.
What is Tiktok duet?
A duet on Tiktok is a single video that features multiple people together, irrespective of their location. Duets were initially available when you use third party programs. But since Tiktok integrated the duet functions into its app, a new avenue has been created for users to engage with each other.
On the TikTok app, it’s either you duet with yourself or with other real-time users. Either way, it’s fun to duet on Tiktok!
For instance, you can use the duet feature to record and react to another user’s video, which you can later share publicly. This feature can also be used to film two people doing things like singing, staging a scene from a favorite movie, and more. When you do this, it could produce some fantastic results like a viral trend that dominates the whole platform.
You can use any videos from a friend, brands, and influencers to make a duet; so far, the initial video can be used in the app.
How do I duet on Tiktok?
It’s super simple to create a duet on TikTok. To begin with, you need to search for a video you want to duet with. Want to duet with yourself? Just find the video from your phone.
To locate videos from other sources, simply search relevant hashtags like #duetthis or #duet. Alternatively, you can check your friend’s videos by going to the home screen to search the following tab.
You cannot create a duet with private videos (videos tagged as private). You must choose videos that are no more than 15 seconds.
Now that you’ve located the video you want to duet with, follow these basic steps:
- Open the video, to the right side of your screen, tap the ellipses.
- And on the menu, tap “Duet”
- Once you see the next screen, start recording your duet just as you would with a regular video.
- Audios are not recorded on duets. The original audio will be played on the video you created.
- Review the video, and once you’re satisfied, tap the “next” button.
Not satisfied with the duet? Click the back button to redo or make changes.
You can add a caption and select your preferred privacy settings. And finally, tap “post” to publish your duet on your profile.
How to Enable/disable Duet on TikTok
Don’t want anyone else to create duets on your TikTok account? Disable/enable duet feature on your account. Here’s how to:
- Once the app is opened, tap “Me” to go to your profile.
- On your screen’s top corner, tap the privacy and safety option.
- Then click on “who can duet with you.” You have the ” friends, everyone, or off” option.
Why should I use duet?
If you want your brand to go viral on TikTok, we recommend shaping a duet challenge. Challenges, in general, is a culture in Tiktok- however, Duet challenges are different because users are demanded to creatively generate their content- which is a really converting engagement strategy.
Can you get results with a duet?
- The record label, “the other song,” wanted to drive more traffic for their upcoming single ‘love again’.
- They applied the duet strategy to inspire their fans to engage with their influencer content.
- More thanks to this feature, the music label drove 901,000 views to this single instead of the typical 153,000 views.
One of the amazing features of the TitTok application is that you can create a video that features you and other users. Thanks to the duet feature of the app. If you want your brand to go viral on TikTok, we recommend utilizing the underlying value of the Duet feature.