Amazon Prime Video for your Smart TV
Amazon Prime is a subscription service that is given by the largest Internet company, Amazon. It offers access to its subscribers to services that are either not available to cost much more to the regular Amazon customer. It has gained a lot of popularity since its conception 15 years ago and has more than 150 million subscribers, worldwide. The streaming service of Amazon is seen as a direct rival to the famous streaming service, Netflix. While both services have different content, they are still considered to be going toe-to-toe for market share.
With this rise, Amazon Prime has become an important part of television. Amazon Prime on TV is the best way of cooling down after a tough day and the ideal time to watch something which brings the family together. This has, though, brought about some issues which a lot of people face, almost every day, given the increasing demand of Amazon Prime. We will discuss some of the problems Amazon Prime Smart TV users face.
Amazon Prime not working on TV:
A lot of times Amazon Prime just does not work. There are some quick solutions to it, let us discuss them first, and then we can move to other issues. If you Amazon Prime Video is not playing, you should do the following:
1) Close and re-open the application. A lot of times something as basic as “turning it on and off again” can resolve any annoying problem.
2) Check your WiFi connectivity. There could be something up with your WiFi connection, it may have disconnected with the Smart TV. Or, the router must not be getting service. Again, you can try turning that on and off, as well.
3) If the Internet is working on other devices and not on your Smart TV, then you should check and update its DNS settings. You can check the device’s manufacturer with a how-to-do guide.
4) Try turning off the TV and on again. Repetitive, yes, but useful, as well. You could call in a technician and if the problem is as basic as this, you will not only end up looking stupid but you will also have to pay him/her.
5) Check if your device or the application needs an update. This is a problem that needs a bit more explanation, we will discuss this in detail.
6) Check to see if the external cables are working. Most of the time, the HDMI cable has stopped working. You can see if that is the case and then repair it or get a new one.
7) If you are using Alexa, then you should try unpairing and re-pairing the device through the Alexa app.
8) Check if you are connected through any VPN or proxy servers. Disable them for a smoother and faster experience on Amazon Prime.
Amazon Prime Update:
If the above guide does not resolve your issue, then there is a very good chance that your app has not been updated. Most of the queries that we get are related to Samsung Smart TV. How to get Amazon Prime Samsung TV update? If you are not tech-savvy, there is a very good chance that you might not know how to do this. Not to worry, we have you covered!
How to install the Amazon Prime Update?
1) You click on settings. This is an icon you find on the bottom left corner of the home screen. This will open the settings screen.
2) On the base left corner of the settings screen, there will be an icon with a question mark. That is for support, click on it.
3) This will display, “software update”. You can either update the software or to avoid future inconveniences, you can change the settings to switch to update automatically.
Enabling this setting, will allow you to have a trouble-free experience of using Amazon Prime. Your Samsung Smart TV is very smart. This will allow you to save time, and you can do it without any kind of external help.
How to get Amazon Prime Video on a Smart TV:
The question should be, why do you not have Amazon Prime Video on your Smart TV? You should do everything to get this service, so you can enjoy watching the latest and the most entertaining content on the Internet. This is how to get it:
How do I get Amazon Prime on my Samsung TV?
1) Press the Smart Hub option on your Samsung TV remote control.
2) Open Samsung Apps.
3) Select Prime Video and download it.
How do I get Amazon Prime on my LG Smart TV?
1) Press the My Apps button on your LG Smart TV remote control.
2) Select Prime Video from the app launcher.
3) Download and enjoy.
How do I get Amazon Prime on my Sony Smart TV?
1) Press the Home button on your Sony Smart TV remote control.
2) Open Featured Apps (or All Apps).
3) Click on Prime Video and download.
Note: If you can’t find Prime Video App on Smart TV, it means that your TV is not from one of the following manufacturers:
If you still have some problems with Amazon Prime Video on your Smart TV, then you can use the Prime Video customer service number which is given as follows:
You can also contact Amazon via email and chat, which is given on their website.
Amazon has a brilliant customer service. The company aims on becoming the world’s first customer-centric company. That is why their service is considered to be one of the best in the world. That makes the user-experience of Amazon Prime or any of the other Amazon services, so much better. If you have any other questions, you can ask us, as well!